Cedarwood Essential Oil
Red cedarwood oil comes from a type of juniper tree (Juniperus virginiana),1 a member of the Cupressaceae or cypress family. These trees, which grow up to 30 feet tall, can be found in the U.S. It's commonly known as the eastern redcedar. The essential oil has a fresh woody and slightly bland fragrance.
Red cedarwood oil has numerous benefits. For starters, it can help in the treatment and prevention of:6
- Eczema, acne, and dandruff
- Fungal and septic infections
- Cough and phlegm in the respiratory tract and lungs
- Headaches, red and watery eyes, and other symptoms of cough and colds
- Rheumatism, arthritis, and gout
- Urinary tract infections
- Pain and side effects associated with menstruation
- Restless leg syndrome, respiratory seizures, asthma, and other spasmodic conditions
- Tension and anxiety
Red cedarwood oil blends well with other essential oils like bergamot, jasmine, lavender, rose, and rosemary.
Ingredient: 100% Pure Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana) Essential Oil